APR 1.8T & 2.0T EA888 Gen 3 Boost Tap
The APR Boost Tap for the 1.8T and 2.0T EA888 Gen 3 engines is a simple, yet elegant solution for referencing boost pressure and vacuum as is commonly necessary for boost gauges. The boost tap plugs into an unused port on the factory intake manifold and doesn’t interfere with the factory T-MAP sensor.
- 1 Billet boost tap
- 2 Viton o-ring seals
- 1 Stainless steel barbed connection point
- 1 Brass “No-buzz” mechanical boost gauge restrictor pill
- 1 Tap cap
- 5 Stepless OEM style ear clamps
- 96 Inches of 200 PSI hose
- 1 T-fitting
- 5 Black cable ties
- 1 Bag of anti-sieze
- 1 Tapping tool
Utilizing the included punch tool on a warm engine, a boost and vacuum reference port is easily spread opened on the factory intake manifold. The billet aluminum boost tap then connects to the port and uses dual Viton o-ring seals for leak free operation. The reference hoses connect to the rear of the tap via a barbed stainless steel connection point and conveniently routes through the engine bay.
In addition to the boost tap, APR provides several extra components to help suit each individual’s needs. For those requiring more than one reference source, a T-fitting allows for more tapping points. In the case where a mechanical boost gauge is used, the brass restrictor pill limits flow and cures gauge buzz. Just less than 100 inches of 200 PSI hose is included with OEM style ear clamps and black cable ties to allow for neatly routing hose through the engine bay.
- We deliver to every country in the world, if shipping rates are not available at checkout please contact us.
- Some item(s) are not actively held in stock and usually sell out quickly, please contact sales to perform a stock check if you are unsure.
- Full tracking is available for all orders, you will receive tracking and dispatch updates via email.
- It can take up-to 16 working days for out of stock orders to be dispatched.
Professional installation is recommended on all of our products. Please contact us to see if we offer a fitting service for the item(s) you wish to purchase.